The first public meeting was a huge success! We learned loads of information from the community that we are actively organizing to inform the upcoming public meeting.
At the first meeting and in supplemental surveys, community members identified many issues of concern. The most talked about were:
- Expansion of tourism
- Lack of seasonal and affordable housing
- Lack of year-round jobs/business
- Increase in drug/alcohol use
We plan on discussing these issues and others, in relation to the confines of the Comprehensive Plan, long-term goals and objectives, and potential future development.
The second public meeting for the Comprehensive Plan was held Wednesday, November 16, 2016 from 4-7 pm at the Seward Community Library and Museum. The meeting included:
- Discussion of identified issues of concern and how they can be addressed in the Comprehensive Plan
- Looking at different development options and scenarios in Seward for the next decade
- Evaluating goals and objectives in previous Comprehensive Plans and identifying what should be added, amended or withheld in the upcoming Comprehensive Plan
If you have any comments, ideas or concerns for the second public meeting, please email email@example.com
The first public meeting for the Comprehensive Plan is scheduled for Wednesday, September 14, 2016 from 4-7 pm at the Seward Community Library and Museum. Stop by the large conference room to:
- Learn about the comprehensive planning process
- Tell us your vision of Seward
- Help identify issues facing the community
The Library Museum is located at 239 Sixth Avenue in Seward. We hope to see you there.
The Seward Comprehensive Plan is now underway! Tune in to the website, social media, or the project listserv to stay up to date on the planning process. We'll post opportunities for involvement, including meetings, surveys, and document reviews.